AIANO PIR/T is a robust wire mesh guard suitable for thermostats and small sensors for wall or ceiling mounting. The PIR/T security guard is powder coated white to provide an attractive and durable finish, making it suitable for indoor use.
These sturdy five-sided sensor cages are made from steel weld mesh on a strong round bar frame, and are powder coated white. It is suitable for all kinds of sensors including LED lighting. The guards have welded lugs for fixing to the wall or ceiling. The PIR/T sensor cover will completely enclose your fitting and provide protection from damage in a wide variety of environments including housing association buildings, schools, sports facilities, stations and car parks.
Which guard size? Unlike radiator guards, for sensor guards there is no strict rule about the clearance required between the light fitting and the guard. For most standard types of light fitting it is recommended that there be clearance of about 30-50mm between the light fitting and the guard. Please see Additional Information for a partial list of compatible products.
Compatibility: PIR/T is designed to fit many popular makes of small sensor fitting. It is important to check the dimensions of your light fixture before purchasing a bulkhead cage.
- AIANO sensor guards are made from 25mm x 25mm mild steel weld mesh on a steel frame with welded lugs.
- Coating: hybrid epoxy polyester powder coating is recommended for interior situations. For outdoor or exposed situations please see hot-dip galvanised guards.
- Clearance: there is a natural ‘give’ in the mesh which is perfectly normal. We therefore recommend a clearance of 50mm between the light fitting and the guard.
- Finger-safe: If the guard must be finger-safe, i.e, an average adult finger cannot penetrate the mesh to touch the light fitting, the clearance should be extended to 75mm.
- Origin: the guard is manufactured in the UK from British and EU-sourced steel.
Contact us for further advice or guidance on selecting the right guard for your light fitting.