AIANO PIR/W sensor guard is a robust wire mesh guard designed to fit many popular makes of small PIR motion detector sensors and small bulkheads for wall or ceiling mounting. The PIR/W security sensor guard is powder coated white to provide an attractive and durable finish, making it suitable for indoor use.
These sturdy five-sided wire mesh cages are made from steel weld mesh on a strong round bar frame, and are powder coated white. It is suitable for all kinds of bulkhead including LED lighting. The wire guards have welded lugs for fixing to the wall or ceiling. The PIR/W bulkhead cage will completely enclose your light fitting and provide protection from damage in a wide variety of environments including housing association buildings, schools, sports facilities, stations and car parks.
Which guard size? Unlike radiator guards, for light and sensor guards there is no strict rule about the clearance required between the light fitting and the guard. For most standard types of light fitting it is recommended that there be clearance of about 30-50mm between the light fitting and the guard. Please see Additional Information for a partial list of compatible products.
Compatibility: AIANO PIR/W sensor guard is designed to fit many popular makes of small bulkhead fitting. It is important to check the dimensions of your light fixture before purchasing a bulkhead cage.
- AIANO sensor guards are made from 25mm x 25mm mild steel weld mesh on a steel frame with welded lugs.
- Coating: hybrid epoxy polyester powder coating is recommended for interior situations. For outdoor or exposed situations please see hot-dip galvanised guards.
- Clearance: there is a natural ‘give’ in the mesh which is perfectly normal. We therefore recommend a clearance of 50mm between the light fitting and the guard.
- Finger-safe: If the guard must be finger-safe, i.e, an average adult finger cannot penetrate the mesh to touch the light fitting, the clearance should be extended to 75mm.
- Origin: the guard is manufactured in the UK from British and EU-sourced steel.
Contact us for further advice or guidance on selecting the right guard for your light fitting.